Esthetics

What is Esthetics?

                                                            

  Esthetics is a branch of anatomical science that deals with the overall health and well being of the skin, the  largest organ of the human body. An Esthetician is a person devoted to , or professionally occupied with, skin health and beauty~ Milady's Esthetics Fundamentals


                   I wasn't really sure about Esthetics school when I started back in September of 2010. I didn't really know exactly what school would be like, all I knew was that I wanted to be a makeup artist and learn more about the skin.  I wasn't even sure I needed to go to Esthetics school since technically in the state of New York you don't need a license to apply makeup. And after tons of research on schools and classes I could take, I decided to go for it. There are a lot of makeup artists out there who don't think going to esthetics school is a good idea or even worth it. But as I'm in my last days of school, I've realized that going was probably one of the best decisions I ever made for myself. It was totally worth it! I've learned so much. Not only about skin care, but more about the public and how many of you have concerns about your skin and how to make it better. Education is priceless. And while I still have so much more to learn in general, I'm definitely ready to take on the beauty world. No matter what, if you really want something you have to go out there and do it! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Even if you fall you can always get back up and try again. I am so glad that I decided on going to school.

           
 One of the key things I've learned is that makeup and skincare go hand and hand. You should have a good skincare regimen and a healthy lifestyle for an even more flawless makeup application. Without a good canvas, you don't have much to work with. 





~Jerica
                

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up