One Haute Lash


        I went to the dentist this morning for my annual cleaning and my dental hygienist and I started talking about makeup and skincare since she was curious about my occupation(yes this was during my cleaning so as you can imagine it was a little awkward trying to answer her questions while her hands were in my mouth making them sparkly clean;) of course I'll answer any questions anyone has about skincare or makeup since it's what I do and I love to help others with any concerns. Anyway, I decided on asking her a pretty basic question that I've actually asked a lot of people including clients just because I'm always curious to hear what product everyday people love the most. So I asked  "If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only bring one cosmetic product with you what would it be? "And of course her answer did not surprise me in the least because it's the most common answer I hear when I ask this question. Her exact words were " Mascara for sure! I can't live without it! Sometimes I just put that on and call it a day. But I'd want to take a really good one with me." And of course her answer sparked a product review idea in my head as I sat on the scary dentist chair while she and the doctor discussed my x-ray... It's always a little scary when these dentist people use dentist talk and you're just sitting there wondering what the hell they are saying about your teeth!

 I've been using 3 different mascaras and I'd love to share with you my thoughts on them. While I already have a few favorites, these are ones I've been testing out to see if they make the cut into my makeup kit for good.
                                                                                                             

                                                                                                     
                                                 The Falsies Volume Express by Maybelline 



Ohhhh the falsies. I can't even tell you how many people talk about this mascara. It's all over youtube and other makeup guru blogs and basically everyone and their mother uses this mascara. Except for me. I decided on trying this one out not really because of all the hype around it, mainly because I wanted to see if this mascara is really going to give me a false lash effect. I mean how cool would it be if there were a product that could do such a thing and maybe put false lash application a thing of the past.... well maybe not. I must say that this mascara is pretty good. It lasts all day and my lashes look good and a bit longer then my natural length. But I'm not sold on the idea that it gives me a false lash effect. Even though it didn't really rock my mascara world upside down and moved my favorite mascara out of the it's number one spot, this mascara is great on those blessed with full long lashes. It's great applying this to people with full lashes because you can see this product at it's best. Those of you whom have been blessed with natural full lashes MUST purchase this mascara.

You can purchase this product at: Wal-mart, Target, Ulta, or any drugstore
 from $5.49 to $10


One by One Volume Express by Maybelline




It's a known fact that I love Maybelline. They are geniuses making so many different kinds of mascara. You can never go wrong in finding a mascara that's right for you by Maybelline. I'm really excited about this one. I've only been using it for two days and already I've had people ask me what kind of mascara I use. It's awesome. It goes on very clean, gives volume to lashes, and holds curl well. I'm pretty much sold on this one after being a little skeptic using the falsies. But now One by One may definitely be a contender in my makeup kit.

You can purchase this product at: Wal-mart, Target, Ulta, or any drugstore
     from $5.49 to $10



Haute and Naughty Lash by MAC

I promise I am not, in any way, a MAC snob. In fact I despise it when people only refer to MAC as being the only quality makeup line which is completely untrue. MAC indeed is one of the best. They are fantastic! But they're one of many makeup brands that are fantastic. I promise I'll share more about other brands in the future. I actually received this mascara as a gift and man oh man was I excited!!! The coolest thing about this mascara is it has 2 different mascara wands in one as you can see in the picture above. The pink topped wand which is the Haute is for your every Day looks, maybe work or a quick natural look for a lunch date in Soho with your friends. It separates the lashes beautifully creating a natural lash look with volume. The purple sparkly top wand which is the Naughty, is your dramatic volume lash for those nights on the town or a really hot date. It's fantastic! I can't say that enough! This is by far the coolest mascara I've come across in a while and it will be a definite staple in my makeup kit.... but is it my favorite mascara.. well you all will just have to stick around for more reviews to see.

You can purchase this product at: Any MAC store,counter, or website for US $18




  Happy Mascara Shopping Loves!!

~Jerica
                                 





               

                                                                                             

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up