My Makeup Story

 I came across classy dea blog and saw this awesome little questionnaire called my makeup story. I loved her post on it so I decided to do the same and share a little more info with you guys:) Here's mine:



How old were you when you started wearing makeup? 

I was about 11 years old. My mom ordered this cute kit thing from J-14 magazine and it came with a poster of nsync and stickers, pencils and this little eyeshadow palette with really bright colors. It had this amazing vibrant blue eyeshadow and I was a little mesmerized by it. So I put it on and it just dramatically changed the way I looked and I thought it was so cool (it looked horrible) and I wore it to school, got so many compliments from all my friends and I felt so hip LOL. Then my mom picks me up from school and man was I in trouble!! When she saw my eyes all I saw was red in her face she was not happy. But from then on I knew I was in love.


♥ How did you get into makeup? 
After experimenting with makeup for the first time I used to go and check out all the makeup in the grocery stores whenever I went with my parents shopping. I obviously never had any money because I was a kid but I always went to the makeup section and I was also subscribed to magazines like teen people, j-15, seventeen so I always saw ads for makeup brands and skincare products so I started educating myself without really knowing it. Then when I finally had money I started buying one thing at a time and built my own little makeup stash. 


♥ What are some of your favourite brands? 
Urban Decay, NYX, Cargo, Too faced, Costal Scents, Benefit, Smashbox, Maybelline, Rimmel London, Nars, Makeup forever, Lorac.


♥ What does make-up mean to you? 
For me, makeup allows me to feel good about myself. It makes me feel confident and beautiful. It lets me express myself creatively. And it lets me do that to others. I love to make other people feel good about themselves. To enhance the beauty they already have. It's just so much fun. And it's never the same and always a challenge. I like that.


♥ If you could only wear 4 products on your face what would they be? 
Concealer, primer, eyeliner, lip gloss.


♥ What is your favourite thing about makeup? 

Being able to play with all sorts of colors, learning new techniques, seeing new makeup products. Painting a face.


♥ What do you think about drugstore makeup vs high end makeup? 

I love drugstore brands. That's where you start from. I feel that drugstore brands can give you exactly what you want it's all in the way you apply them. Just like high end. Yes the high end brands may be more quality or last longer but that doesn't mean that all high end brands are the best not at all. And some drugstore brands might be crap it's true. But you have to play around and experiment which ones are the good and which ones aren't. At the end of the day it's all about the application and using the right product that gives you what you want.


♥ What is one tip of advice you can give to a beginner? 

Start with some drugstore brands and play around, experiment with colors, go on blogs and youtube to search tutorials or tips, and use a primer!!! the great thing about makeup is if you don't like it you can just take it off and start over.


♥ What is one makeup trend you never understood? 
Black lipliner and a thin line of eyebrow liner for eyebrows. Dear lord.

♥ What do you think of the Beauty Community on Youtube/Blogger? 

I love it. I think it's wonderful. So helpful to know I can just go to youtube if I need a tip and search fellow makeup artists on there. And I get a lot of ideas from the beauty community and feels good to be apart of it now too.

♥ Who is your style icon? 

Right now, Carrie Underwood and The Saturdays. But it changes.


Feel free to use this for your blog as well but don't forget to link me!:)

❤Jerica❤



0 comments:

Post a Comment


up