Vitamin C is the way to be!!

One of the most important vitamins out there for your skin is Vitamin C(also known as ascorbic acid). I always tell everyone that Vitamin C should be like crack to your skin. It's an antioxidant that helps protect the body from many forms of oxidation and from problems involving free radicals(free radicals are the bad guys that can cause damage to DNA causing disease in the body,free radicals occur mostly from the sun). Research even indicates that an adequate intake of vitamin c may help prevent cancer because of it's ability to fight free radicals. Which is why I take 2 tablets of vita c a day because it's also good to boost the immune system. Vitamin C is so important in the fight against the aging process and is needed for the proper repair of the skin and tissue. It promotes collagen production in the dermal tissue , keeps the skin healthy, firm, and protects damage of the capillary walls. Ok now that I got all doctory on you, Vitamin C is pretty much essential for your body. I use vitamin C for my skin because I suffer from post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. So no picking and prodding at my skin or else I'll get a brown spot( a pigmented area on the skin darker than your natural skin color like an acne scar). It sucks! but to help take care of my hyperpigmentation I use a couple products that both contain vitamin C in it:


 Avalon Organics Vitamin C Hydrating Cleansing Milk for normal to dry skin:




Love this cleanser, leaves me feeling silky smooth after every wash and I know the ingredients in this are good for my skin so I go to bed and wake up happy.
(they also have this for oily skin in a gel consistency)




Avalon Organics Vitamin C Balancing Facial Toner for all skin types:



This toner leaves me feeling refreshed, removes left over residue, helps bring my skin back to it's natural pH, and leaves me feeling hydrated.



 There are many products out there that contain vitamin C. Everything from cleansers to serums, you can find it.


You can purchase these products at Target for $10.95 or natural organic food stores.



❤Jerica





1 comments:

From Broadway said...

Vitamin C really is brilliant for the skin!!

Post a Comment


up